1. About CVMR
• The Centre for Varma Medicine and Research (CVMR), located in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India is a Centre for Varma Healthcare with Research and Training programmes in Varma system of medicine.
• Dr. T. Kannan Rajaram, BSMS, MD, MSc., CYT (Hons.) is the founder and director of CVMR and Dr. M.R. Felicital, BSc., MBBS, DND, DHSc (Diab.) is the secretary of CVMR.
• CVMR was established exclusively for the development and propagation of Varma Medicine world widely.
• CVMR is analysing every classical varma texts carefully and explain the meanings in an understanding level with essential diagrammatic support to reveal the secrets of Varma medical science.
• CVMR is trying to translate the Tamil Varma medical books in English, Hindi and other languages gradually.
2. Aims and Objectives
• To promote the knowledge of Varma Health Science throughout the world.
• To collect and preserve the palmscripts and manuscripts of ancient varma medical literatures.
• To standardize the exact location of varma points with the guidelines of many classical Varma medical texts and traditional Varma practitioners.
• To establish the cross reference works of classical Varma texts, published text books and practical books of Varma medicine in an International standard.
• To undertake programmes and projects, co-operate and collaborate with government and non-government organizations for the development of Varma medical science.
• To conduct seminars, conference, work shops, exhibitions and free medical camps in various branches of Varma system of medicine.
• To formulate schemes for continuing education and conducting practical training programmes in various disciplines of Varma medical science and prepare eminent Varma therapist and Varma physicians to promote the rural health and family welfare.
• To establish an active network inbetween the traditional / diploma / graduate Varma medical practitioners and other individuals and groups who can contribute to the Varma medical science and to form a association in a national level.
• To form a manufacturing unit and to prepare Varma medicines for Varma medical practice.
• Health for all through our Indian system of Varma medicine. “One Village; One Varma Therapist”
• The CVMR has collected and preserved more than 100 manuscripts of classical varma texts (See : Varma Medical Texts)
• The CVMR is extending its research, development and propagational activities through literary and clinical research.
• The CVMR had established a Varma Healthcare Centre in Kanyakumari (See : Dr. Rajaram’s Varma Healthcare)
• The CVMR has prepared few Varma books and published it by Tamil Maruthuva Kazhagam, A.T.S.V.S. Siddha Medical College and Siddha Medical Literature Publishers. (See : Varma Medical Books)
• The CVMR had published a Varma medical book, “Textbook on Thread-Measurement Techniques to Located Varma points” in Tamil and English.
• The CVMR has prepared the syllabus for Post-Graduate (M.D. and M.Sc.) and Diploma Courses in Varma Medicine.
• The CVMR is conducting five stages of Practical Training programmes in Varma System of medicine at Kanyakumari, Palayamkottai, Chennai and Bangalore (See : Varma Therapy-Practical Training Programmes)